Translate:
China Japan Russia Spain
Home Icon > About Us > News

News


Daily LR2 product tanker earnings fall by USD 100,000 in 12 days
by hellenicshippingnews.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
Freight rates for oil product tankers have returned to more ‘normal’ levels following a spike in late April when rates across all ship sizes reached record highs. LR2 earnings peaked at USD 169,829 on 27 April on the benchmark naptha condensate trade from the Middle East to Japan. Rates have since fallen to USD 45,459 ...




The English High Court again declines to apply the “prevention principle” to a shipbuilding contract
by hellenicshippingnews.
Thursday, May 21, 2020
The “prevention principle” has been a popular argument run by shipyards in English law shipbuilding disputes in recent years. This enthusiasm has not been shared by English Courts and tribunals, and prevention principle arguments rarely, if ever, succeed. The judgment handed down recently in Jiangsu Guoxin Corp v Precious Shipping Public Co Ltd1 is a ...




Oil Rally Continues as Output Cuts Hit Supply Glut
by Bloomberg
Thursday, May 21, 2020
By Olivia Raimonde (Bloomberg) –Oil posted its longest streak of gains in more than a year, buoyed by output cuts across the globe that have whittled away at a stubborn supply glut. Futures climbed 1.3% in New York. U.S. supply data showed crude inventories fell for a second week after climbing steadily since January and stockpiles […]




MAIB Warns Older Crew of Heightened Slip and Fall Risk
by Mike Schuler
Thursday, May 21, 2020
The UK Marine Investigation Branch is reminding older mariners that they are at heightened risk of slip and fall accidents following the death of a 72-year-old dredger captain in Rosyth, Scotland. The MAIB made the reminder in its report on its investigation into a 28 February 2019 incident during which the master of the dredger […]




NOAA Predicts Above-Normal 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season
by Mike Schuler
Thursday, May 21, 2020
As the United States looks towards reopening, weather forecasters say conditions are ripe for an above-normal Atlantic hurricane season in 2020. Forecasters with NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center have released their 2020 outlook predicting a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal […]




Bahri Puts LNG Tanker Plan on Hold, Sources Say
by Reuters
Thursday, May 21, 2020
By Jessica Jaganathan SINGAPORE, May 21 (Reuters) – Saudi Aramco’s shipping division Bahri has put on hold plans to charter up to 12 liquefied natural gas (LNG) tankers after Sempra Energy delayed its decision on whether to proceed with an LNG export project in Texas, two sources said. Bahri issued an expression of interest (EOI) […]




Quarterly Loss, Extended Voyage Suspension for RCL
by Ship Bunker
Thursday, May 21, 2020

But management confident of bounce back from covid-19 negatives.




Sinopec's Chinese Bunker Sales Reach 4.8 Million MT/Year
by Ship Bunker
Thursday, May 21, 2020

China has applied a long-awaited rebate on value added tax on fuel oil from February this year, incentivising domestic refiners to produce VLSFO in large quantities.




Sinopec's Chinese Bunker Sales Head for 4.8 Million MT/Year
by Ship Bunker
Thursday, May 21, 2020

China has applied a long-awaited rebate on value added tax on fuel oil from February this year, incentivising domestic refiners to produce VLSFO in large quantities.




Japanese Coalition Forms to Develop Battery-Powered Shipping
by Ship Bunker
Thursday, May 21, 2020

The first phase of the project will be to develop the world's first battery-powered tanker, the group said, for launch in March 2022.




1 2 3 4 5 6 981
WP_Post Object ( [ID] => 2829 [post_author] => 1 [post_date] => 2013-03-14 04:31:37 [post_date_gmt] => 2013-03-14 04:31:37 [post_content] =>

Clipper Oil is a worldwide wholesaler of marine fuels and lubricant oils specializing in supplying vessels throughout the Pacific Ocean. Operating internationally from our headquarters in San Diego, California, USA, we serve the bunkering needs of all sectors of the marine market. This includes fishing fleets, ocean-going yachts, cruise ships, cargo ships, military/government/research vessels, and power plants.

Clipper-Shipyard-SupplyClipper Oil’s predecessor, Tuna Clipper Marine, was founded in 1956 by George Alameda and Lou Brito, two pioneers in the tuna fishing industry. Tuna Clipper Marine’s first supply location was in San Diego, California, USA where they serviced the local fishing fleet.

Established in 1985, Clipper Oil was formed to serve the needs of marine customers in the Western Pacific as vessels shifted their operations from San Diego. Clipper Oil has been a proven supplier of quality marine fuels, lubricants, and services to the maritime community for over 25 years, serving many ports throughout the Pacific Ocean. We maintain warehouses in Pago Pago, American Samoa; Majuro, Marshall Islands; and Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia. We also have operations in the Eastern Pacific in Balboa/Rodman, Panama and Manta, Ecuador. We supply marine vessels and service stations with fuel, lubricant oil, salt, and ammonia. We also supply our customer’s vessels with bunkers at high-seas through various high-seas fuel tankers in all areas of the Pacific Ocean.

then
Then
The Tuna Clipper Marine Pier
in San Diego Bay (1980).
Throughout the years, Clipper Oil has grown from a small marine distributor in San Diego to a worldwide supplier of marine fuels and lubricants. Clipper Oil offers a broad diversity of products and services and are active buyers and suppliers of petroleum products. It is this combination that gives us the edge in market intelligence needed to develop the best possible pricing for our clients.

Our daily monitoring of both the current and future oil market enables our customers to take advantage of market pricing on an immediate basis. This enables Clipper Oil to provide the best current and long term pricing for our customers.

now
Now
Clipper Oil supplying the USCG Rush ex.
pipeline at the fuel dock
in Pago Pago, American Samoa (2013).
Clipper Oil offers the following to our customers:

All of the products we supply meet international specifications and conform to all local regulations.

With our many years of experience in the marine sector, Clipper Oil understands the attention to detail and operational performance vessels require during each port of call.

As a proven reliable and reputable supplier of marine fuel and lubricants, we welcome the opportunity to meet your vessel's needs. Please contact us for all of your marine energy and petroleum needs.

[post_title] => About Us [post_excerpt] => [post_status] => publish [comment_status] => open [ping_status] => open [post_password] => [post_name] => about-us [to_ping] => [pinged] => [post_modified] => 2017-04-17 10:37:44 [post_modified_gmt] => 2017-04-17 10:37:44 [post_content_filtered] => [post_parent] => 0 [guid] => https://www.clipperoil.com/?page_id=2829 [menu_order] => 5 [post_type] => page [post_mime_type] => [comment_count] => 0 [filter] => raw )